Head of Tech
THR1VE is a revolutionary health and wellness start-up, committed to changing the way Australians look, feel and perform, through the incomparable power of high performance nutrition.
With a growing network of 10 restaurants Australia wide, a fresh ready-meal delivery service servicing 500 postcodes, and a comprehensive training and nutrition program, THR1VE has a highly differentiated offer in a rapidly growing market. By closing the loop on inspiration, empowerment and taking action, we aim to support our community on every step of their journey to optimum health.
We are looking for true A players, the cream of the crop, those who never settle for mediocrity. The innovators and creators, those who embrace the strategy but also love the execution, with a relentless focus on customer delight. Join a team of passionate, driven and creative individuals who are revolutionizing the way Australians look at nutrition. #lookfeelperform
About the position
The Head of Tech is primarily responsible for implementing user stories in all levels of the code base. Being a small and agile team empowers our employees to make key decisions and take ownership over their projects. We utilise the Shopifyplatform, with some custom-built features, and multiple complimentary online tools including Mailchimp, Hotjar, Instapage.
This role includes critical technical architecture and technology infrastructure decisions for current and future state, effectively owning the IT function, with a clear pathway to a CTO opportunity in due course. In addition to the technology, this role will include identifying the right additional hires to build the team, and hiring, onboarding and developing the talent.
- Working closely with stakeholders to deliver ROI driven commercial outcomes in an agile environment
- Project management with our existing technology agency and managing the transition to in-sourcing
- Simple yet impactful improvements of the website UX based on our program of constant testing and surveying
- Decision making relating to architecture, systems, and features and benefits
- Supporting colleagues on all internal teams, including customer support and business development
- Experience required:
- Managing a team (big or small) and external suppliers
- Able to build an api
- Scaling high traffic sites
- eCommerce (pref some Shopify), PHP and js experience
- Ability to manage development (often hands on initially) of the website as outlined below
The website is Shopify and uses the following languages and skillsets:
- HTML for general site structure and elements
- CSS/SCSS for styling
- Liquid for Shopify specific templating (such as rendering product information etc.)
- React.js + Redux for meal planner
- REST API for dynamic data retrieved and sent to Shopify from website (such as adding to cart)
- PHP for defining shipping rules within the Bespoke Shipping Plugin
- In terms of integrations, the main complexity (since subscriptions are no longer being used) is just in the meal plan. This is a custom react app, rendered into the Shopify page. It pulls meal plans from an external database, then uses the Shopify AJAX API to pull the product details for each SKU in the meal plan and add them to cart.
- Currently the site is outsourced to an agency. Plan is to bring it inhouse over time. Hiring a team of 4-6. This person will hire and manage that team.
Start date : As soon as possible
Remuneration package : Flexible and very attractive
To apply, please send your cover letter & CV to email@example.com